Usually, modern machinery gives you signs that something is wrong; they don’t usually quit working altogether. Your car will start making a noise, alerting you to something wrong. Your heating system may start making funny noises. Your lawn mower takes more than one pull to start. The same holds true for clothes dryers. They will give you hints that something is wrong, and in this case, it is more likely that it’s your dryer vent system that needs attention rather than your dryer itself.
Boyd Brothers Services in Punta Gorda specializes in all things HVAC related. We perform air conditioning service, maintenance, and installation, as well as complete ductwork cleaning as well as pool heat pump service. In this blog post, we’ll go over warning signs that you probably need your dryer vents cleaned. Contact us today for all your HVAC needs!
SIGNS YOU NEED YOUR DRYER VENTS CLEANED
- Clothes aren’t drying. If you remove your clothes from the dryer and they are still not dry, this is a tell-tale sign that your dryer vents probably need a good scrubbing. Your dryer is meant to take hot air out of your dryer and replace it with cooler air that is dry, repeating this cycle until all of your clothes are dry. If your dryer vent is clogged with lint and debris, the moist air has no where to go, allowing it to stay in the dryer itself. So instead of dry air being re-circulated, moist air is being re-circulated, which results in damp clothes at the end of your dryer cycle. At the end of the day, this is costing you big time in increased utility bills and actual wear and tear on your dryer, which shortens its lifespan.
- Odd smell of something burning. Any time you smell a burning smell, it’s not a good sign. In the case of a clothes dryer, you could be smelling burning lint, which is how dryer fires start. If you smell smoke or any other burning smell, call Boyd Brothers Services in Punta Gorda right away for a dryer vent inspection.
- Your dryer is unusually hot. Dryers can get warm while drying, but hot dryers are a sign of overheating, which should be investigated by a professional dryer technician right away.
- Flying lint particles streaming through your backyard. While your kids may think it’s fun to collect flying lint particles being thrown into the air by your dryer vent system, especially if you have an upstairs dryer unit, this is a tell-tale sign that your dryer vents definitely need cleaned. Call Boyd Brothers Services in Punta Gorda for a dryer inspection.
- You have no clue when you last had your dryer vents cleaned, if at all. If you can’t remember the last time you called Boyd Brothers Services for a dryer vent cleaning, call us today to get that scheduled. We have a quick turnaround time, and we’ll work with your schedule to make your dryer vent cleaning easy.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, every year over 15,000 fires are caused by dryers, posing a real safety risk to your family. By investing a little bit of money once a year to have your dryer vents cleaned, you’ll be keeping your family happy and healthy for years to come.
Boyd Brothers Services proudly serves the people of Punta Gorda with the best HVAC services. From AC maintenance and AC installation to dryer vent cleanings and ductwork installations and cleaning, we’re here to keep your major systems in your home running smoothly all year long. Contact us today for your next HVAC service and inspection.